WordPress was originally developed as a simple blogging system, since then it has grown to become the leading open-source blog solution and far more than just a blog. Examples of the sort of additions that have been made to the system include spam-proof contact forms, search-engine enhancements that improve your chances of getting your site found, e-commerce such as shopping carts, forums, newsletters and many more. Here at Inmeres we can enhance your sites still further by creating our own plug-ins customised for your needs.
Some of the add-ons that I have encountered are listed below, but if you have found one that you think is better please leave some comments:
- WP e-Commerce – Shopping cart solution.
- podPress – Extensive podcasting plugin with multiple format and video support.
- All in One SEO Pack – Search engine tagging.
- cformsII – Custom contact, tell a friend and general form creation.
- Improved Include Page – Include any page within the content of the your templates.
- Google Sitemap – Generates Google sitemap files that will help with the indexing of your site.
- Sitemap Generator – Generates a sitemap page for your site.
- WP Security Scan – Scan your WordPress installation for security holes.
- Navigation List Plugin NAVT – Creates menu lists for use with the front of your site.
This list is certainly far from exhaustive and if you want to browse through the kind of functionality WordPress is capable of please visit their extensions site. If you need something and you can not find it please feel free to contact us with what you want and we’ll develop it for you.